5.12.2008

Playstation Portable Slim


As a few of you know, I have been hot and cold on whether to buy a Playstation Portable (PSP) for some time now. I am not much of a gamer, and when I do play games, it is usually of the original Nintendo variety (TecmoBowl anyone?). Since my birthday was on the 10th, I decided to go for it, picking up the $200 PSP Daxter Pack which included the PSP Slim, 1GB memory card, Daxter game and Family Guy UMD video. Considering Best Buy sold the PSP for $170 without a mem card (1gb is $25), I figured I could pay an extra $5 for a game and movie.

Needless to say, I have been impressed with the PSP so far. The Daxter game is meh, I've only played it once. I watched a couple episodes of the Family Guy, funny as usual. But the best part about this device is homebrew software scene. Thanks to pspslimhacks.com, I hacked my PSP to run a bevy of open source homebrewed software, including game emulators and internet video players and audio players. Now I can play Mario Kart on a flight or listen to KCRW at a wireless hotspot!

Check out more at pspslimhacks.com, or just google PSP hacks....there are tons of these sites out there with tutorials to help you set everything up.

No comments: